Corporate Partner, Paris
“I am a multi-specialist, advising major French and international corporates on their most strategically important corporate transactions. I am commercial, reliable and hard-working, offering clients legal expertise in a pragmatic way that enables them successfully to pursue their business.”
Education and qualifications
Marc is a renowned corporate law practitioner. He advises clients on many different types of transaction, including public and private M&A deals, sales and joint ventures, as well as on corporate governance.
Marc has gained significant experience in deals across many different sectors, especially those that are highly regulated. Most recently, Marc has taken a lead role advising clients on transactions in the tech and fintech sectors but also the energy/infrastructure sector. He is also involved in a number of Africa-related deals.
Marc has been on secondment during his career to the firm’s London office and to J.P Morgan. Before becoming a lawyer, Marc worked as an associate at an investment relations consultancy in London.
Marc has led on many of the market’s significant corporate transactions. Highlights include advising:
- The Public Investment Fund, along with other major investors, on the acquisition of a 58% stake in AccorInvest, a world leader in hotel real estate
- the selling founders and managers of Active Assurances, an insurance broker specialising in direct P&C insurance policies, on the LBO sponsored by Activa Capital and Bpifrance
- Engie on the acquisition of tech company mesdepanneurs.fr
- the founding shareholders, managers and private equity investment house Initiative & Finance on the sale of the Filiassur group to Tikehau Capital
- Société Générale (acting through Lyxor Asset Management) on the sale of its 49% stake in Fortune, its investment management joint venture with Baosteel in the PRC and Hong Kong
- Meridiam on the acquisition of a 25% stake in GSEZ Mineral Port, a Gabonese company controlled by Olam International whose purpose is the development, promotion and management of the Owendo mineral port in Gabon
- Amethis and National Bank of Canada on the acquisition if an equity stake in NSIA, the pan-African banking/insurance group
- J.P. Morgan acting as sponsoring bank, along with BNP Paribas, on the buyout offer followed by a squeeze-out on SFR Group initiated by Altice
- RTL Group on the sale of RTL Group’s market-leading French radio family to Groupe M6
Marc regularly speaks at industry events, including being moderator at the 2018 Sino-European Entrepreneurs Summit in Paris on a panel about the integration of the regional strengths of China, Europe and Africa, and speaking at the 2017 Africa Investments Forum & Awards about M&A, investments and private equity in Francophone Africa.
Marc has authored several articles on Africa, including “Africa: how to adapt to the new deal: invest, protect and develop” (Fusions & Acquisitions, March 2017), and is frequently interviewed for his knowledge of trends, strengths and challenges in Francophone Africa (including by Décideurs Magazine, March 2018).
Education and qualifications
Marc holds a postgraduate degree in business administration from the Paris I - Pantheon-Sorbonne University (IAE). He studied law at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin, where he holds a master’s in corporate law and a postgraduate degree in contract law.
He speaks English and French.