Incentives: What sets us apart?
Practical commercial advice
We have a reputation for providing clear, innovative, commercial and practical solutions that meet the challenges faced by our clients.
"The team is very professional and gives very good, reliable advice, with practical solutions to the various issues that arise."
"They provide excellent, pragmatic and timely advice, and understand the need to balance technical advice with commerciality"; "Very commercially focused."
"Very knowledgeable, provide great experience, give comfort and a sense of well-being that the advice is right."
Doing the most challenging and complex work
Our team combines exceptional technical skills with the ability to think outside the box.
"Responsive, engaging, commercial and superb technically."
"Adept at advising on a full range of employee share schemes."
"Highly responsive, dedicated and well-informed share schemes practice regularly handles incentive matters with international elements, and has particular strength in the financial services sector."
(Legal 500, 2017)
A passion for helping our clients
Being a supportive team with an understanding of your needs, and seeing each client relationship as a long-term commitment. The proof is in our current client base: we have worked with 8 of the FTSE Top 10, over half of the FTSE top 20 and 40 of the FTSE 100, many of whom we have advised for nearly 20 years. We also advise 14 of the top 20 global banks and half of the top 20 asset managers.
"The team is highly committed and totally focused."
"Lots of flexibility and really good at helping with design solutions. We can’t praise them highly enough."
"Highly responsive, dedicated and well-informed", "Experienced, insightful and great to work with."
(Legal 500, 2017)
We convey complex technical issues concisely and avoid any unnecessary jargon, to ensure that the details are as simple as possible.
"Their advice is clear rather than very legalistic."
Innovative and versatile approach
We differentiate by being innovative. For example:
- We use technology to enhance our client service. We have introduced an e-learning course on insider dealing which companies can use to train their employees and executives on these onerous rules. We have also developed an online interactive guide to assist companies in putting together their annual directors' remuneration report and to guide them through the plethora of rules around both the design and disclosure of directors’ pay.
- We run our own Incentives Twitter account to keep our clients updated.
- We provide on-line access to guides through our web-based client knowhow sites. Examples include our global remuneration guide for financial institutions.
- We regularly hold webinars, workshops and training for clients. We differentiate ourselves by conducting surveys at our workshops which we then publish. We also run an insider dealing user group for companies which has become a useful forum to exchange ideas on implementation and discuss market practice.
- We hold roundtables for general counsel and non-executive directors to discuss and share views on market practice and proposed changes. Examples include our roundtables on the government’s executive pay and corporate governance reforms.
We are a global practice with Incentives lawyers in over 20 countries. We advise some of the largest global companies on the operation of their global share plans including: Citibank, GlaxoSmithKline and Deutsche Post.
"The excellent department is noted for its global share plans expertise."
(Legal 500, 2018)
Having a voice
We join the debate and keep clients up to date with changes to the law, regulations and market practice, wherever they may be, so you know exactly how you will be affected and can plan accordingly.