We provide clients an offering which is:
Our construction specialists work within integrated sector-aligned practices which provide our clients with seamless advice on all aspects of transactions, including as to the financing and M&A implications of construction related decisions.
We have extensive experience in advising on all aspects of structuring, drafting and negotiating construction and maintenance contracts in the context of financings, joint ventures and other equity transactions.
As a result, we fully understand the, often competing, requirements of investors, commercial banks, ECAs/DFIs, governments and other project counterparties, tailoring our advice accordingly.
Our lawyers are at the forefront of market developments and have a long history of regularly advising on first-in-market and cutting-edge technologies, including carbon capture and storage, floating LNG, offshore wind, concentrated solar power, etc.
We also regularly advise on the full range of procurement structures including EPC, EPCM, FEED, design and build, multi-contract/onshore-offshore structures, as well as more novel alliancing and partnering arrangements.
We are a truly global team with a proven track record advising clients on multi-jurisdictional transactions. Our construction specialists are based in nearly all the major global business hubs, working collaboratively and efficiently across various times zones.
Irrespective of jurisdiction, we pride ourselves on always providing clients with the same exceptional level of service.
We regularly provide construction advice to clients in the following sectors:
Oil and gas, infrastructure, power and renewables, transportation, defence, technology, media and telecommunications, real estate and shipping.
Our global client base comprises:
An even mix of private and public sector developers, funders (including commercial banks, PE houses, infrastructure funds, ECAs and IFIs), contractors, sub-contractors, service providers and governments.
Some our recent key construction highlights include:
- the perspective lenders on all aspects of the development and financing of the Yamal LNG project, including the full suite of EPC and commercial contracts
- Thames Water on the £4.1bn Thames Tideway super sewer project (European Infrastructure Deal of the Year, PFI Awards 2015)
- the sponsors (SSE Renewables, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and SDIC Power), on the unwrapped construction arrangements and subsequent financing of the £2.6bn Beatrice 588MW offshore wind farm
- GNL Penco on the construction agreements for the $1.2bn integrated FSRU and IPP Octopus project in Chile
- Abengoa on a major international arbitration case related to a turn-key contract for the construction of a power plant
- the developer on the design and construction of several bank and insurance headquarters buildings in the City of London